BMI Group is building a digital and tech hub in order to disrupt their sector. This is an opportunity to play a key role in embedding new technology across the European manufacturing and supply chain functions as they embark on creating the factory of the future.
BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands, that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world. We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has lead us to the point of a major digital transformation that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
What will you be doing in the role
The Senior IT Project Manager will drive through modernisation of our IT systems as outlined in the technology roadmap. You’ll be knowledgeable in technology for manufacturing, distribution and supply chain and have an opinion on how it can be used to deliver competitive advantage. With programmes aligned across supply chain planning, manufacturing and distribution centres, you will deliver projects across these areas including:
- Centralising the supply chain planning process and moving it to a centralised model. This will allow the collation of data to help the business make more effective choices and reduce delivery times to customers
- Using technology to improve manufacturing. This could include introducing sensors in manufacturing plants to establish where efficiencies and new processes can be introduced.
- Meeting customer demand created by marketing. You’ll introduce technology which supports sales, marketing and innovation teams in understanding all aspects of the supply chain from order to installation. For example, the end to end cycle of order to fulfilment for an e-commerce business
- You’ll introduce core technologies and platforms used in the supply chain and/or commercial functions including SAP S/4 HANA, deploying the SAP IBP Suite as well as Siemens, Wonderware MES, SAP EWM
- Working in collaboration with the value creation and EPMO team to ensure the standards and expectations required are being met including documentation, reporting, stage gates and attending mandatory portfolio meetings
- Developing and growing the PM capability within the solution design and delivery tower in collaboration with other senior IT project managers, instilling a high performance culture, good practice in line with industry standards and quality assuring their deliverables to the portfolio office
- Extensive European travel will be required as you develop relationships with your stakeholders
Additionally, you’ll bring the following traits:
- Agile, Lean certifications are desirable as is PMP or Prince2
- Experience of working in manufacturing, logistics or supply chain for a product-focused company which trades across multiple territories
- Strong customer work ethic and stakeholder management skills to deal with both internal and external parties
- Dynamic and agile thinker, able to respond to changing problems with innovative and logical approaches
- Strong technical understanding and pragmatic commercial and business awareness
- £ multi-million technology project management experience – managing delivery through all stages of the lifecycle (inception, discovery, delivery, transition and closure as well as associated methods and tools)
BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has led us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab / Tech Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The Information Security Consultant will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
- BMI Group has a fantastic, collaborative working environment that offers autonomy, encourages ideas and innovation and lasting career paths.
- The salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion. We hope to see you under our roof.
The preferred method of application is online at www.berwickpartners.co.uk/72214
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to email@example.com
All applications will receive an automated response.